Do you have a job posting our internship opportunity? Please contact us with all the necessary information for listing.
Job postings are FREE for Florida Public Relations Association members, one of the many benefits for joining FPRA. Non-members may inquire about posting a job on our site and/or the state site for a listing fee of $75.
All job posting opportunities are listed for 30 days, or until the opportunity is no longer available. FPRA-Jax is not responsible for any information missing in the listings below. It is recommended that you contact the businesses associated with the below listings for any additional questions or details.
Below are the following job alerts and internship notices you will find on this page:
Multimedia Producer (Sr. Creative Services Specialist)
Closing Date: September 21, 2018
The Office of Communications is looking for a highly organized, creative self-starter to join the Creative Services team with the district. This individual must be a strong writer and visual storyteller who is comfortable interacting with all levels of district staff and the public in a fast-paced setting with tight deadlines. The primary goal of this position is to accurately and visually contribute to the district’s outreach message through video scripting, storyboarding and production to allow the public to help protect and conserve our shared water resources. Taking photographs at district lands or events, shooting and editing videos, and writing and visually defining images for social media are all in a day’s work for this position. This position requires high-level time management skills, some travel within the district’s 18 counties, and a friendly disposition.
Job duties include:
- Shoots video and processes submitted video for intended final use (on social media, as scripted, etc.).
- Writes scripts and storyboards, schedules video shoots and interviews, and coordinates with district experts to produce scripted videos (approx. 12 annually).
- Shoots and/or formats submitted video as approx. 30-second social media snippets for use on various social media platforms (approx. 52 annually).
- Shoots video and processes other videos, as needed, including informative topic videos from governing board meetings.
- Writes text and takes photographs to support district social media (weekly).
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in communications, broadcasting/video production, journalism, digital media, graphic design, marketing, or a related field and four years of professional experience in a communications-related field.
Professional experience as described above can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education.
This position will have the ability to work in one of the following district offices: Palatka, Maitland, Jacksonville or Palm Bay.
Online application: https://www.sjrwmd.com/jobs/
No Current Internship Opportunities Available; Please Check Back Soon!