The FPRA Jacksonville Chapter Local Image Awards competition is conducted annually on a local level to recognize outstanding public relations programs and to encourage and promote the development of public relations professionalism in the greater Jacksonville area.
To qualify for judging, an entry must incorporate sound public relations research and planning, meeting the highest standards of production, execution, and evaluation of results and budget.
The competition is open to both FPRA members and non-members alike. Participation provides valuable insight for those who wish to enter FPRA’s statewide Golden Image Awards, a highly-regarded standard of public relations excellence in Florida.
This year’s Local Image Awards program, “Polish Your Image,” will be conducted in the spring, with an entry deadline of March 1, 2020. For more information, contact Vice President of Image Ginny Cooper at 239-297-3638, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out this short contact form.
Want to learn a few secrets on building a winning entry? View the webinar, below, presented by Stacey Getz, APR, of Taproot Creative, winners of the 2016 Dick Pope All Florida Grand Golden Image Award, honoring the best entry in Division A at the statewide level. More helpful videos can be found on the state association’s Image website.
Divisions and Categories
The Image Awards competition includes four divisions of categories. They are as follows:
- Division A: Public Relations Programs
- Division B: Printed Tools of Public Relations
- Division C: Digital Tools of Public Relations
- Division D: Student Projects in Public Relations
Award of Distinction
Presented to all entries that meet the standards of excellence set by a panel of judges.
May be presented to the top-scoring entry in each category if the entry meets predetermined criteria of excellence set by the judges.
Special award presented by judges for an outstanding entry that achieves maximum results while using a minimum amount of money.
Grand Image Award
Presented to the best Image Award-winning entry in Divisions B, C, and D.
Grand All Image Award
Presented to the best Image Award-winning entry in Division A.
Entries are judged by qualified FPRA members from outside the Jacksonville Chapter. Judges must have previously won an award in the Image Award or Golden Image Award competition. It is recommended that they be Accredited in Public Relations (APR).
View the Judging Criteria.
Entry Fees and Payment
Payment for the entry fees can be submitted online or by check. Payment information will be available on the Chapter Entry Form, made available at a later date. Please check back.
Fees to enter the Jacksonville Chapter Local Image Awards, are as follows:
- Professional Member Entry Fee is $45
- Professional Member Subsequent Entry is $40
- Professional Non-Member Entry Fee is $55
- Professional Non-Member Subsequent Entry is $50
- Student Member Entry Fee is $20
- Student Non-Member Entry Fee is $30
- The judges reserve the right to reclassify entries if deemed necessary.
- Entries that do not follow all of the Rules for Entry may be disqualified.
- No part of the entry may be submitted after the deadline.
- Fees for disqualified entries will not be refunded.
- The decision of the judges is final.