Do you have a job posting our internship opportunity? Please contact us with all the necessary information for listing.
All opportunities are listed for 30 days, or until the opportunity is no longer available. FPRA-Jax is not responsible for any information missing in the listings below. It is recommended that you contact the businesses associated with the below listings for any additional questions or details.
Below are the following job alerts and internship notices you will find on this page:
- Dalton Agency – Junior Account Executive
- LPGA (Daytona) – Tour Media Official
- Builders Blinds – Marketing / Sales Intern
Public Relations Junior Account Executive:
Dalton Agency is currently looking for a Junior Account Executive to join our growing Public Relations team. In this role, candidates will be responsible the creation and implementation of public/media relations initiatives. To be successful, candidates must be able to analyze client situations and apply strategic communications strategies and tactics to meet challenges.
This individual must understand how to develop plans, craft messages, counsel clients and implement campaigns in a fast-pace, ever-changing environment. Ideal candidates are those that thrive in crisis situations, love the media and current events, work well in a team environment, overcome challenges, build relationships easily and are creative thinkers.
Below is a list of the areas of responsibilities as well as key attributes for the ideal candidate for this position:
- Performs day-to-day account work which may include: drafting a wide range of written materials, providing direction and updates to the internal team, coordinating events, maintaining client and media relationships, managing projects performed with and by others, and supervising more junior staff.
- Demonstrates ability to conceptualize program strategies, elements and implementation tactics.
- Interfaces with client contacts and others in a professional, positive and appropriate manner and has their respect/confidence.
- Skilled writer with the ability to compose and edit all press materials, messages, articles, memos, etc. papers for internal and external use.
- Balances work load and tasks, communicating effectively with team members to reliably implement assignments on budget and on deadline.
- Must have experience measuring and communicating results of public relations efforts.
- Operates with a high degree of independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice, ideas and counsel of supervisor and other team members.
- Recommends solutions when problems arise and assists peers in problem solving.
- Uses talents of colleagues in own problem solving.
- Proactively seeks and shares information with colleagues and clients that is relevant to our industry and our clients’ business/industry.
- Takes initiative in building skills and knowledge.
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve.
- Cultivates and enhances collaborative working relationships with reporters, editors, bloggers and producers in relevant markets and industries.
- Consistently identifies and pursues opportunities for enhancing involvement and contributions to the client, account team and agency.
- 2-5 years of experience in the public relations field or journalism
- Degree in journalism, communication, public relations, political science and/or marketing
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including public speaking skills
- Strong leadership skills and experience
- Goal-oriented, highly organized and self-starter
- Proven experience in media relations planning, execution and measurement
- Experience working with senior leaders (executives, elected officials, etc.); media/message training capabilities preferred
- In-depth understanding of social media as it relates to public relations/marketing
Submit your resume to Heather Houston at email@example.com
Tour Media Official, Symetra Tour
Daytona Beach, FL
The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA), headquartered in Daytona Beach, FL, is currently seeking a full-time, Symetra Tour Media Official/Coordinator. Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, this position is responsible for the day-to-day functions of communications and media relations for the Symetra Tour. This position serves as the onsite media official at selected events while creating and maintaining relationships with media members, players and internal team mates. This position is based in Daytona Beach, FL and requires up to 40% travel (up to 20 weeks per year).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Schedule, manage and conduct press conferences & interviews; arranging one-on-one interviews for players with the media
- Write and produce notes and content for symetratour.com
- Create and coordinate content for multiple Symetra Tour social media platforms
- Works directly with Tournament Directors and local PR teams to ensure maximum exposure for selected events and to ensure media center and all other media related issues run smoothly
- Write and publish various communications related documents such as press/news releases, feature stories, etc.
- Collaborate with other teammates to produce written materials and publications and updated statistics to media members
- Maintain the information on the LPGA’s Online Media Center
- Liaison for print, television & radio requests for player interviews, monitor and measure media coverage
- Assigned to special projects as needed
MARKETING / SALES INTERN
Builders Blinds is looking for a qualified intern to join our marketing team. Our marketing department provides many types of support to the national sales team of 20, and seeks an intern who can participate in various stages of print, online, social media, and other marketing campaigns as well as any other support of the sales team that is needed. *
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing.
*this internship is stricty to gain experience in marketing and sales support and does not actually require any participation in the selling process.
- Assist in the creation of facebook campaigns, e-mail campaigns, on line promotion, etc.
- Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
- Assist with fulfillment of marketing offers
- Assist with execution of trade shows
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of training materials
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
- Enter and evaluate contact information into contact management systems
- Provide support to social media efforts
- Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
- Assist with lead tracking
Builders Blinds is looking for an undergraduate student in the Jacksonville, FL area who is majoring in Public Relations, Marketing or Advertising. Graphic Design experience a plus. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and social media. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org