Do you have a job posting our internship opportunity? Please contact us with all the necessary information for listing.
Job postings are FREE for Florida Public Relations Association members, one of the many benefits for joining FPRA. Non-members may inquire about posting a job on our site and/or the state site for a listing fee of $75.
All job posting opportunities are listed for 30 days, or until the opportunity is no longer available. FPRA-Jax is not responsible for any information missing in the listings below. It is recommended that you contact the businesses associated with the below listings for any additional questions or details.
Below are the following job alerts and internship notices you will find on this page:
Manager of Worldwide Campus Marketing
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
The Manager of Worldwide Campus Marketing is responsible for defining and leading a globally focused marketing and communication strategy for Embry-Riddle’s 130 locations across the globe and its online offerings. The campus and its product lines are growing exponentially and an experienced, knowledgeable manager has the opportunity to develop and lead marketing campaigns intended to increase prospects and student retention.
This position will work closely with university and campus leadership to define internal and external marketing and communication goals. The manager will develop advertising strategy, both in print and digital mediums, to enhance enrollment, retention and Embry-Riddle’s reputation. To achieve these goals and objectives, the manager will take the lead on project and task management and act as the conduit between the campus staff and the university’s creative services teams.
This position functions as the primary point of contact for all marketing and communications needs at the Worldwide and Online campus. Ideal candidates will have strong writing skills, project management experience in the higher education space, and will exhibit a keen understanding of global marketing. Among the keys to success for this role will be the ability to network across our various locations with leadership, faculty and staff, as well as demonstrate an upbeat and self-starter approach complemented by deadline-oriented service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications or a related field
- Five-plus years of experience
- Strong project management experience, higher education preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Keen understanding of global marketing
- Solid background managing strategic and creative projects to completion
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Public relations; experience pitching stories to media
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with usability and user experience concepts
- Experience in print production process
- Experience with fact checking
- Ability to write for various audiences
- Vendor negotiations and management
- Familiarity with media buying
- Familiarity with task management software
Communications Strategist and Communications Specialist – Curley & Pynn (Maitland, Florida)
Curley & Pynn – The Strategic Firm® – is excited to offer new opportunities to join our award-winning team. We’re a family of strategic thinkers who aim to win for our clients, and empower each other to grow as leaders in the industry and in our community. If you’re driven to grow, eager to learn and excited by new challenges, you might be just the person we’re looking for.
Strategists are the ringmasters managing our relationships with some of Florida’s most exciting companies. They drive the planning and execution of public relations and marketing communications programs, including direct supervision of account teams.
What you need:
- Degree in public relations or a related field (APR credential preferred).
- 5+ years of on-the-job experience (management and agency experience preferred).
- Ability to recite our Five Steps to Professional Success in your sleep and apply them to the practice of public relations.
- Keen sense of the “why” behind our work – not just the “what” and “how.”
- Desire to do big things.
Specialists play a critical role in the implementation of communications strategies for clients from varied industries, from conducting research to media pitching to developing eye-catching collateral.
What you need:
- Degree in public relations or a related field (1-3 years of on-the-job experience preferred).
- Writing skills stronger than the Hulk.
- Annoying obsession with details.
- No fear to call a reporter, get rejected and call again.
- Confidence to raise your hand and take responsibility for new projects.
- Penchant for to-do lists and ability to juggle.
Generous benefits include a competitive salary, three weeks of paid vacation time and financial support for professional development activities. Plus, our work-hard-play-hard mentality often leads to cookie breaks and happy hours.
Interested? Email your resume, writing samples and a cover letter to Dan Ward, APR, CPRC, at email@example.com.
No Current Internship Opportunities Available; Please Check Back Soon!