Do you have a job posting our internship opportunity? Please contact us with all the necessary information for listing.
All opportunities are listed for 30 days, or until the opportunity is no longer available. FPRA-Jax is not responsible for any information missing in the listings below. It is recommended that you contact the businesses associated with the below listings for any additional questions or details.
Below are the following job alerts and internship notices you will find on this page:
Northeast Florida Area
- Dalton Agency – Junior Account Executive
- Curley & Pynn – The Strategic Firm® (Maitland)- Communications Specialist
- LeadingAge Florida (Tallahassee) – Communications Director
- LPGA (Daytona) – Tour Media Official
Public Relations Junior Account Executive:
Dalton Agency is currently looking for a Junior Account Executive to join our growing Public Relations team. In this role, candidates will be responsible the creation and implementation of public/media relations initiatives. To be successful, candidates must be able to analyze client situations and apply strategic communications strategies and tactics to meet challenges.
This individual must understand how to develop plans, craft messages, counsel clients and implement campaigns in a fast-pace, ever-changing environment. Ideal candidates are those that thrive in crisis situations, love the media and current events, work well in a team environment, overcome challenges, build relationships easily and are creative thinkers.
Below is a list of the areas of responsibilities as well as key attributes for the ideal candidate for this position:
- Performs day-to-day account work which may include: drafting a wide range of written materials, providing direction and updates to the internal team, coordinating events, maintaining client and media relationships, managing projects performed with and by others, and supervising more junior staff.
- Demonstrates ability to conceptualize program strategies, elements and implementation tactics.
- Interfaces with client contacts and others in a professional, positive and appropriate manner and has their respect/confidence.
- Skilled writer with the ability to compose and edit all press materials, messages, articles, memos, etc. papers for internal and external use.
- Balances work load and tasks, communicating effectively with team members to reliably implement assignments on budget and on deadline.
- Must have experience measuring and communicating results of public relations efforts.
- Operates with a high degree of independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice, ideas and counsel of supervisor and other team members.
- Recommends solutions when problems arise and assists peers in problem solving.
- Uses talents of colleagues in own problem solving.
- Proactively seeks and shares information with colleagues and clients that is relevant to our industry and our clients’ business/industry.
- Takes initiative in building skills and knowledge.
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve.
- Cultivates and enhances collaborative working relationships with reporters, editors, bloggers and producers in relevant markets and industries.
- Consistently identifies and pursues opportunities for enhancing involvement and contributions to the client, account team and agency.
- 2-5 years of experience in the public relations field or journalism
- Degree in journalism, communication, public relations, political science and/or marketing
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including public speaking skills
- Strong leadership skills and experience
- Goal-oriented, highly organized and self-starter
- Proven experience in media relations planning, execution and measurement
- Experience working with senior leaders (executives, elected officials, etc.); media/message training capabilities preferred
- In-depth understanding of social media as it relates to public relations/marketing
Submit your resume to Heather Houston at firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s time to stop “working” and start getting paid to do what you love. At Curley & Pynn – The Strategic Firm®, our award-winning team of creative thinkers is excited to offer you this opportunity. As a communications specialist, you can do big things in an environment that will challenge you to contribute 100 percent every day, while empowering you to succeed.
Our specialists play a critical role in the implementation of communications strategies for clients from varied industries. No two days are the same at Curley & Pynn, but there are several things you can expect to do:
- Research, research, research. It’s the bedrock of every communications plan.
- Write compelling stories about our clients, their products and services for news releases, blogs, social media posts and more.
- Publicize those stories by pitching them to news media, developing eye-catching collateral, planning and executing events, and more.
- Brainstorm new and innovative ideas that bring our strategies to life.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism or a related field.
- Overwhelming desire to grow your career.
- Writing skills stronger than the Hulk.
- Annoying obsession with details.
- No fear to call a reporter, get rejected and call again.
- Confidence to raise your hand and take responsibility for new projects.
- Penchant for to-do lists and ability to juggle.
Ideally, you’ve had some on-the-job experience and are ready for the next step in your career. Solid internships and a high level of maturity go a long way, too. Experience with graphic design and digital marketing will earn you bonus points.
What we have:
- Experienced, friendly and enthusiastic mentors who will always have your back and are invested in helping you grow.
- Long-standing relationships with some of Florida’s most well-respected organizations, including globally recognized brands.
- Generous benefits: a competitive salary, health benefits, three weeks of paid vacation time, financial support for professional development activities and reimbursement for continuing education.
- Work-hard, play-hard mentality, which often leads to cookie breaks, birthday celebrations, happy hour and more.
Interested? Email your resume, writing samples and a meaningful cover letter to Dan Ward at email@example.com. In your cover letter, tell us which of the Five Steps to Professional Success you have applied on the job.
LeadingAge Florida, is a 501(c)(3) organization representing communities of continuing long-term care for Florida’s aging population. This trade association is seeking a communications professional to manage all aspects of the organization’s communications planning, message development, social media platforms, and message delivery to internal and external audiences. This position reports to the President and CEO of LeadingAge Florida.
Summary: This highly responsible position serves as one of the primary contacts with LeadingAge Florida’s constituents, including members (life plan communities, nursing homes, assisted living, affordable housing, home and community based care services, and business members), allied associations, legislators and staff, executive agency staff, media, and the public.
Job Qualifications: The Communications Director will have the ability to think and work independently and in a team setting to implement the communications plan of the Association. This person must possess excellent writing, public speaking, and interpersonal skills. Social media strategy and execution experience required. Association and database experience a plus. Some travel will accompany responsibilities. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, WORD, and EXCEL and other computer software as needed. This position requires an extremely well-organized, detail-oriented, highly motivated and dependable person who will represent the Association.
Applicants should have:
- At least three to five years of professional communications experience.
- Data to show how their previous appointments and assignments benefitted their former association employers.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of responsibility required. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and skills required to perform the job.
To be considered for this position, please email a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tour Media Official, Symetra Tour
Daytona Beach, FL
The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA), headquartered in Daytona Beach, FL, is currently seeking a full-time, Symetra Tour Media Official/Coordinator. Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, this position is responsible for the day-to-day functions of communications and media relations for the Symetra Tour. This position serves as the onsite media official at selected events while creating and maintaining relationships with media members, players and internal team mates. This position is based in Daytona Beach, FL and requires up to 40% travel (up to 20 weeks per year).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Schedule, manage and conduct press conferences & interviews; arranging one-on-one interviews for players with the media
- Write and produce notes and content for symetratour.com
- Create and coordinate content for multiple Symetra Tour social media platforms
- Works directly with Tournament Directors and local PR teams to ensure maximum exposure for selected events and to ensure media center and all other media related issues run smoothly
- Write and publish various communications related documents such as press/news releases, feature stories, etc.
- Collaborate with other teammates to produce written materials and publications and updated statistics to media members
- Maintain the information on the LPGA’s Online Media Center
- Liaison for print, television & radio requests for player interviews, monitor and measure media coverage
- Assigned to special projects as needed
No Current Internship Opportunities Available; Please Check Back Soon!