Do you have a job posting our internship opportunity? Please contact us with all the necessary information for listing.
Job postings are FREE for Florida Public Relations Association members, one of the many benefits for joining FPRA. Non-members may inquire about posting a job on our site and/or the state site for a listing fee of $75.
All job posting opportunities are listed for 30 days, or until the opportunity is no longer available. FPRA-Jax is not responsible for any information missing in the listings below. It is recommended that you contact the businesses associated with the below listings for any additional questions or details.
Below are the following job alerts and internship notices you will find on this page:
Local Public Relations Manager (Central, Northeast, and Southeast Regions)
Reports To: Senior Public Relations Manager
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, Firehouse Subs® is one of the nation’s leading fast casual restaurant chains with a commitment to and passion for hearty and flavorful food, heartfelt service and public safety. Join an exciting, fast-paced and high energy environment, and the hub of the communication network for more than 1,100 restaurants across 44 states, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico.
The Local Public Relations Manager will manage local public relations efforts for the Central, Northeast, and Southeast regions of the Firehouse Subs system, and serve as the Local Public Relations Manager to Area Representatives and Franchisees. The Local Public Relations Manager’s mission is to execute the brand’s annual public relations strategy, integrated campaigns and produce local public relations results that drive sales and Franchisee satisfaction.
Scope of Anticipated Duties:
- Communicate and implement the brand’s annual public relations strategy in assigned regions to drive traffic and awareness to meet sales goals and franchisee satisfaction
- Develop and execute local public relations as part of integrated campaigns with local Firehouse Subs Marketing Managers that center around traditional earned media as a lead component
- Comprehensive New Restaurant Opening public relations to include creation, implementation and execution of new restaurant opening press materials within assigned territory with agency partner media support
- Collaborate in developing annual public relations plan with the Senior Public Relations Manager, brand public relations team and public relations agency of record
- Identify local public relations initiatives to increase brand awareness through traditional earned media channels
- Assemble publicity reports for internal stakeholders of assigned territory
- Work with brand public relations team to disseminate brand publicity goals and objectives in local territory
- Provide designated Area Representatives (AR) and Franchisees with local restaurant public relations consultation
- Coordinate with agency partner to strategize local public relations plans that align with key business objectives
- Travel to territory to build relationships with ARs and Franchisees
- Act as liaison between field and corporate public relations to ensure ideas, suggestions and feedback are received, considered and responded to appropriately
- Provide local public relations support for Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation events in assigned territory
- Build trust and collaboration among people, teams and departments
- Create and execute educational and strategic public relations presentations at territory meetings
- Ensure public relations and media policy information is effectively communicated to assigned ARs and Franchisees
- Coordinate approvals of any local public relations efforts
- Support agency partner and Senior Public Relations Manager with national public relations initiatives
- Provides crisis communications support to Senior Public Relations Manager in assigned territory, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or a related field
- Minimum of three years public relations, corporate communications or journalism work experience
- Public relations agency background in account service
- Able to effectively multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Able to communicate in both written and verbal form with conviction and credibility, adapting message to suit level of audience
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, enthusiasm and excellent problem solving skills required
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and with teams
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outgoing personality
- Proficient in AP style
- Strong public speaking skills; must be able to present to large groups
- Travel up to 50%
Preferred education and experience:
- Restaurant industry experience is a plus
Interested parties, please apply at the Firehouse Subs website.
Additional employment opportunities at Firehouse Subs are also available at this time.
HDR – Marketing Coordinator (Job #148706) – Jacksonville, FL
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Marketing Coordinator, we’ll count on you to:
- Work with marketing and Project Managers to prepare materials, including qualifications, brochures, presentations, newsletters, proposals, award submittals, announcements and reports
- Use intranet, collaboration and file repository sites
- Develop and coordinate graphics, write and edit layout materials
- Research and produce technical documents and reports
- Perform other duties as needed
- Associate degree in a closely related field or combination of education and relevant experience
- 1+ year document layout and production experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in proposal planning and coordination strongly preferred
- Writing ability, strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and make independent decisions critical to job success
- Quick self-starter, team-oriented and able to work with different personalities and professional styles
- Previous experience in the A/E industry strongly desired
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
*Preference given to local candidates
- Bachelor’s degree Marketing preferred
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Interested parties, please visit the HDR site and enter job number 148706.
No Current Internship Opportunities Available; Please Check Back Soon!