FPRA 2019-2020 Theme
Transform your career through the value of membership in FPRA.
Get involved today and let the transformation begin!
Founded in 1938 by Lt. Colonel John W. Dillin, publicity director for the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce, the Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) is one of the oldest public relations organizations in the U.S.
Originally known as the Florida Association of Publicity Directors, the group’s first meeting of roughly 50 practitioners has grown to include more than 1,200 members.
On May 10, 1956, a charter for the “Gator Chapter” of the FPRA was requested after its first organization meeting, during which S.E. Lorimier was elected general chairman and Walter A. Ketcham its vice chairman. Known today as the Jacksonville Chapter, the Northeast Florida’s FPRA continues to offer its members professional support and development opportunities in public relations and communications.
On May 17, 2016, the Jacksonville chapter of FPRA commemorated its 60th anniversary with a celebration at the home of Dr. Wayne Wood, honoring its members, past presidents, guests, and students. Mayor Lenny Curry proclaimed that special day as Florida Public Relations Association Anniversary Day.
FPRA provides a variety of services, benefits and opportunities dedicated to the success of the public relations professionals. Membership in FPRA is a sound professional investment.
- Continuing Education – programs affording members the opportunity to develop their professionalism to the
- Professional Accreditation and Certification – internationally recognized ranks of Accredited in Public Relations (APR) and Certified Public Relations Counselor (CPRC).
- Monthly Meetings – monthly meetings with timely speakers on pertinent career growth, networking, and peer exchange.
- Annual Conference – opportunity to stay in touch with professionals from throughout the state that help you stay current on activities and events which have an effect on
- Awards Programs – annual Golden Image Awards program recognizes outstanding public relations activities in Florida.
We are honored to have dedicated volunteers who have served, are serving and will be a future member of our Board, help guide FPRA members and provided the best programs.
Your 2019-2020 FPRA Jacksonville Chapter Board
President - Warren Jones, APR, CPRC
President-Elect – Madelene Skinner
Immediate Past President/Treasurer – Andrea Siracusa, APR, CPRC
Vice President of Membership – Jackie Green
Vice President of Image Awards – Ginny Cooper
Vice President of Media and Communications – Brianna Moss
Vice President of Accreditation – Rosemary Tutt, APR, CPRC
Vice President of Young Professionals – Dr. Courtney Barclay